I learn so much from the kwernerdesign blog and the moment I saw this blog post, I had to try this technique myself.
I don’t have many flower stamps so I embossed a Hero Arts background stamp with white powder. I used all the colors Kristina Werner used on her blog (combination of distress markers and distress ink pads) and added Shaded Lilac to the mix. I also bought a set of watercolor brushes which enabled me to control the color saturation. The first photo is my tester and I love it. I think the first time around, this technique yielded an almost stained glass look.
After building my confidence, I tried my hand with the larger piece, which is for a greeting card. I wasn’t as careful on the larger piece because I was trying out the larger water color brushes. I messed up a little on one of the lilac flowers and I could have left the pumice stone ink on longer before dabbing but overall, I love the effect.