I just put the finishing touches on a minibook of our 11-day trip to Italy in May. Below are most of the supplies I used sans a few things like pens, sticker embellishments, and my hole punch; I also used my Canon Selphy to print out some of the photos towards the end after we got home. Everything fit into a 0.75 gallon ziplock bag which was super handy throughout the trip. It was so convenient to spread everything out and put it back in the bag that I even scrapped on the train!
Some notes for others planning to scrap on holiday.
- I used two 6×6 acetate sheets that I bought off of ebay for the covers. The rings are 1.5 inches in diameter. The pink hole punch/brad attacher from WE R Memory Keepers made it easy to punch holes through the sheets.
- I stored all my memorabilia in a slim pouch that was tucked into my backpack. Making sure that everything was stored carefully in order made assembling the book very easy.
- Editing images to overcome the blown out look of the instax printer photos was a breeze with Snapseed. The “Ambience” setting led to some awesome print outs.
- I love the instax printer. Although I wasn’t able to finish my travel album during the trip, I was able to capture highlights and little details. Best part of the printer is the sharing aspect. I was scrapping on the train from Rome to Florence and the ticket guy asked me to photography and print out pictures for his best friend. Although i don’t understand much Italian, I think he really liked the device because he came back and posed with another buddy. 🙂
- Put everything back in the bag when you’re done in the evening so you stay organized and don’t lose anything!
This post is pic heavy. Hope you enjoy!